How to Attend
This year, WDW will be virtual! You can join us on Zoom from wherever you are.
View a pre-recorded version of the talk here!
Please install the following software before attending the workshop and lab:
- Node.js version 12.19.0 LTS
- This should also install NPM
- A text editor of your choice
- VS Code is recommended
- A web browser of your choice. Below is a list of recommended browsers:
- Google Chrome
- Microsoft Edge (Chromium)
- Mozilla Firefox
- The React Dev Tools Extension
We will be introducing some of the core concepts behind React, such as component-based design, and some basic features of React.
This talk is geared towards intermediate developers who have some experience
with HTML and JS. It is recommended that you are familiar with some ES6 syntax
class) but it is not necessary.
After the talk, there will be a lab which will walk you through creating your own React app. Here’s the link to the lab for this workshop!
- React Docs
- Redux (advanced state management)
- Next.js (production-ready framework)
- React Native (build mobile apps with React)
Here’s the link to the slides for this workshop!
If you can’t make it, here’s a prerecorded video of the talk.